Hey everyone! I was out of town but I’ll be posting some new looks to create this week and some awesome makeup tips!! Stay tuned!
No matter if you’re near- or far-sighted, these are must-know tips for applying makeup:
• Less is more – don’t pile on the makeup
• Use a cream eyeshadow to avoid getting powder on your lenses—a good eyeshadow primer will keep the shadow from creasing
• Use waterproof mascara
• Give your brows some love—keep them well-groomed and neat and use a brow powder or pencil that’s a shade lighter than your hair color
• Get rid of those dark circles—glasses can cast a shadow, making dark circles more prominent, so use a good concealer and get plenty of shut-eye
• Pretty up those lashes—use an eyelash curler and for extra oomph, try individual false lashes
• Try a fun alternative to the smoky eye by using eyeliner to create the “cat eye,” or winged eyeliner—just make sure to keep the eyeshadow neutral
Experiment, have fun, and remember—eyes are the window of the soul. Treat them well!Source: www.thebeautyofmakeup.com
Bad skin day? Try this trick!
Wearing a warm pink lipstick (no matter what your skin tone is) will help distract the eye from blemishes and imperfections.
Want tasty lips with some color too?
Jell-O doubles as a lip stain. Dip a damp cotton swab into the package of jell-o powder, slide across your lips, leave it for five minutes and then lick it off. Top your lips with some gloss and then you’re finished!
(Source: Makeup artist Joanna Schlip)
HALO Hydrating Perfecting Powder & Brush Set What it is:
A face-perfecting anti-aging powder and brush duo.
What it does:
Smashbox HALO Hydrating Perfecting Powder HALO is the first anti-aging powder with the science of skin care built in. It’s advanced formulation of pure gold, 48 minerals, 11 amino acids and a powerful peptide deliver powerful anti-aging benefits while the patented hydration system continuously revitalizes skin and provides a hydrated look that won’t accentuate lines and wrinkles. The built-in shaver allows for the convenience of a pressed powder combined with the radiant finish of a loose one, and the super-sized brush deposits the perfect amount of powder every time.
What else you need to know:
The powder is made for all skin types and is free of oil, talc, and parabens. Includes a custom Travel Kabuki Brush for flawless application plus a sample of our award-winning Photo Finish Foundation Primer.
Thank you so much! Some great eye shadow base/primers I like to use are Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Fast Fix Eye Shadow Base (you can find this at Target for about $8), Lancôme Aquatique (which is slightly more expensive ($18) but lasts for a while, or sometimes I even opt out of using an eye shadow base/primer and just use concealer all over lid.
Does your eye liner rub off as soon as you put it on your water line? Try this trick!
1. Run the pencil eye liner along your water line.
2. Apply a powder shadow directly on top of the pencil on water line.
*Dip your brush in Visine before dipping it into your powder shadow and it will make it last even longer. The Visine works as a sealer.
Guys, you need to take care of your skin just as much as women do. Make sure to moisturize before and after shaving which will help reduce razor burn, cuts or scratches as well as keeping your skin hydrated. Listed below are some great products for men.
1. Nivea For Men Moisturizer ($6)
2. Zirh Protect Face Moisturizer ($32)
3. Clinique for Men - Moisturizer ($21-$32)