New blog I’ve created to share men’s fashion and grooming tips on! Check it out: RefinedMan.tumblr.com
Get ready with me video!
This is my first video tutorial ever. I will work on making them better! Let me know if there are any looks/videos you would like me to do! :o) Thanks everyone!!
*Please be kind! I’m a beginner in this video tutorial world!
All products used in this video are in a collection on my Luvocracy page. Click here to see!
Saw this blemish/facial trick on The Ellen Show this afternoon:
Blemish trick: Rub garlic (YES, GARLIC!) (which is a natural antiseptic) on any problem areas to gets rid of bacteria in your skin. This will help clear up zits.
Facial trick: Mash up garlic and mix with tomato paste. Rub onto your face and let it sit for 10 minutes. The lycopene and acids in the tomato helps with scarring and the garlic will pull bacteria from skin.
Tips and Tricks - Coffee Filters
Who knew coffee filters could be used for more than just making coffee. I was forwarded this email and just had to share it with all of you! Can’t wait to try a lot of these tips & tricks out!
1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave. Coffee filters make excellent covers.
2. Clean windows, mirrors, and chrome… Coffee filters are lint-free so they’ll leave windows sparkling.
3. Protect China by separating your good dishes with a coffee filter between each dish.
4. Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the cork when opening a wine bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter.
5. Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter in the skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter.
7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a sieve lined with a coffee filter.
8. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a coffee filter on a kitchen scale.
9. Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy foods.
10. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the drainage holes.
11. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke one or two holes as needed in a coffee filter.
12. Do you think we used expensive strips to wax eyebrows? Use strips of coffee filters..
13. Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, French fries, chicken fingers, etc on them.. It soaks out all the grease.
14. Keep in the bathroom. They make great “razor nick fixers..”
15. As a sewing backing. Use a filter as an easy-to-tear backing for embroidering or appliquéing soft fabrics.
16. Put baking soda into a coffee filter and insert into shoes or a closet to absorb or prevent odors.
17. Use them to strain soup stock and to tie fresh herbs in to put in soups and stews.
18 Use a coffee filter to prevent spilling when you add fluids to your car..
19. Use them as a spoon rest while cooking and clean up small counter spills.
20. Can use to hold dry ingredients when baking or when cutting a piece of fruit or veggies. Saves on having extra bowls to wash.
21. Use them to wrap Christmas ornaments for storage.
22. Use them to remove fingernail polish when out of cotton balls.
23. Use them to sprout seeds. Simply dampen the coffee filter, place seeds inside, fold it and place it into a zip-lock plastic bag until they sprout.
24. Use coffee filters as blotting paper for pressed flowers. Place the flowers between two coffee filters and put the coffee filters in phone book.
25. Use as a disposable “snack bowl” for popcorn, chips, etc.
26. Great in the tool room when separating nails and screws then use in to bottom of containers to remove moisture and prevent rust.
Want dewy cheeks?
Apply a tiny amount of vaseline on cheeks for a dewy look.
Product Shout Out of the Day
nails inc. London Magnetic Nails
What it is:
A revolutionary magnetic nail lacquer used to create a stunning 3D fishnet effect.
What it does:
Create gorgeous nail art in minutes with this revolutionary polish that uses a magnet to create an amazing nail art design. This unique formula has been specially developed with metallic particles to create a fishnet nail effect using magnetic forces. As the magnet is held over the nail, the iron powder in the formulation gravitates toward the magnet forming the pattern hidden in the magnet for an astonishing finish.
What else you need to know:
Textured, special effects nails are still big news and the ultimate fashion accessory. Choose from three fishnet magnetic polishes named after iconic London locations.
-Apply one coat of Kensington Caviar base coat.
-Pull off outer cap of magnetic polish and set to one side.
-Using the inner cap, apply one coat of magnetic polish to all 10 nails. Leave to dry for 2-3 minutes.
-Apply a second thick coat of magnetic polish to one nail. Immediately hold the magnet (built into the outer cap) over the nail while the polish is still wet.
-Hold the lip in the cap just below your cuticle to position the magnet over the nail.
-Hold the magnet very close to the nail but do not touch the nail.
-Remove magnet after a few seconds to reveal the design.
-Repeat above on all nails, one nail at a time.
-Finish with one coat of Kensington Caviar Top Coat.
Look more awake by running white or off-white eye liner along the inside part of your lower lashline also called the water line. This gives the illusion of bigger brighter eyes.